eBooks on EBSCO
Carry the Schoenbaum Library in your pocket with our Mobile Apps!
eBooks on EBSCOhost
Readable on PC, Mac, iPad, Nook, & Sony Reader
The Schoenbaum Library provides the user access to over 100,000 eBooks through our EBSCO eBook Collection (formerly NetLibrary). The vast majority of these books can not only be read at your computer but can also be downloaded to a portable device of your choice. Compatible devices include the Barnes & Noble Nook, the Sony Reader, and the iPad. Numerous other devices using Adobe Digital Editions software are also compatible with these books.
How to access?
1. Before downloading eBooks from EBSCOhost you must first create an EBSCOhost account.
a. Go to http://www.ucwv.edu/library/ and click “Articles and Indexes”.
b. Log into “EBSCO E-Books” and click “Sign In” in the upper right area of the screen.
c. Click “Create a New Account”.
d. Fill out the requested information to create an EBSCOhost account.
2. At this point you will need to go to http:// http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/ and download the FREE Adobe Digital Editions software using the Adobe Digital Editions Installer.
a. Follow the instructions to download the Adobe Digital Editions software and create a FREE account with Adobe.
b. After installing this software return to the EBSCO E-Books search page under Articles and Indexes on the library website.
3. You may now search and download e-books to your computer or device or view the eBook on screen.
4. To download a book to your computer or a device you need to click the “Download This eBook” button (please note, not all eBooks are downloadable).
5. You will then be asked to select a checkout period. Select a period and click “Checkout & Download”.
6. A box will pop up asking if you wish to “Open with Adobe Digital Editions” or “Save File”. Click “Open with” and then click “OK”.
7. Your book will now open in the Adobe Digital Editions software.
8. Click the “Library View” icon in Adobe Digital Editions (the three books icon located in the upper left hand corner of the screen).
9. If your portable device is hooked into your computer you should see it listed on the left hand side of the screen under “Bookshelves”.
10. Drag and drop your borrowed eBook onto the device bookshelf to load it onto the device for mobile reading.
Note: iPad users will need to download and install a third party app such as the FREE Bluefire Reader app in order to read EBSCO E-Books.
Health Sciences Librarian
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Ave. SE